Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Parallax View

Staying with the theme of paranoia and conspiracy I've seen in the 70's films we've been watching, The Parallax View deals with mysterious government plots and finding the truth.

Parallax stars Warren Beatty (Dick Tracy woo! :D) as Joe Frady and alcoholic investigative reporter trying to unravel the mysterious deaths of reporters who were present at the assassination of a US senator. This leads him to infiltrate the Parallax Corporation and discover the secrets behind their organization. Naturally, he applies for membership and gets in far deeper than he ever realized. It turns out to be a kind of temp agency for assassins.

I enjoy mysteries very much so this film was interesting to watch as it combined a good "who-done-it" with the 70's style of realism, a complex main character and an anti-government theme. I admit I had to watch it a few times just to piece all of it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment