Saturday, May 8, 2010

70's Film Class overview

Overall my experience in 70's Film class has been very enlightening and fun. Before this class my knowledge of movies spanned from the 80's on. Being a child of the 80's this might seem obvious but a lot of my other classmates had delved into earlier films many times. I had only seen a few films along the likes of the classic monster movies, Alfred Hitchcock films, and the more well known 70's films such as Star Wars, Star Trek and Rocky.

While it took me a few films to really get into the 70's style, once I did I really enjoyed the complex nature of each film. Seeing the patterns of influence in each was also very cool and allowed me to notice themes that were common to almost all of the films we watched. Whether it be political, social, racial, economical, or musical themes, each had a strong presence in the films we watched. The 70's really introduced a lot of the great characters and stories that still drive modern American cinema.

After experiencing this class I can now say that I am pretty well versed in 70's film and can identify many of the themes created then that still exist in movies today.

No comments:

Post a Comment