Monday, May 3, 2010

Unmarried Woman

Unmarried Woman was a very interesting movie to watch as it was a depiction of the Women's Liberation movement of the 70's.

The women in this film were unlike the "Leave it to Beaver" moms of the past and showed the struggles of a woman who was fed up with just being a housewife and wanted to take charge of herself, her job, her sexuality, her LIFE.

I felt the film was able to show women as being in charge of their affairs without her having to be overly masculine. She was able to do the things a man could normally do back then (most notably her promiscuity as first) and still come off as feminine.

One funny aspect of the movie that I liked was that during all of the scenes involving Erica and her girlfriends, I couldn't help but feel that this was the genesis for the Sex and the City group dynamic :)

No comments:

Post a Comment